Please see below our updated Privacy Statement. Please note, in particular the contents thereof regarding marketing and your right to unsubscribe from receiving direct marketing materials.
BCT (i.e. BCT group of companies comprising of (i) Bank Consortium Trust Company Limited ("BCTC") and BCT Financial Limited ("BCTF") and (ii) their holding company, Bank Consortium Holding Limited itself) is committed to ensuring that all personal data kept by us is handled in compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (the "Ordinance"). The following applies unless otherwise stated in the relevant document governing the relationship between a customer/member and BCTC or BCTF as the case may be.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you provide them to us voluntarily. The personal data provided by or in respect of you and your dealing/transaction details will only be accessed and handled by properly authorised staff of BCT and their properly authorised service providers and agents and may be used by the same or disclosed and/or transferred (whether in or outside Hong Kong) to such persons as BCT or any of their properly authorised service providers and agents may consider necessary, including governmental authorities and regulators, and any of BCT's subsidiaries, affiliated companies and direct or indirect shareholders (and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies) (collectively referred to as "BCT Related Companies") for any purpose of and/or in connection with the following:
- any services as may be provided to customers in relation to provident fund / retirement services and financial advice/planning services including, but not limited to the processing, administering, managing and analyzing of their, as the case may be, contributions, accrued benefits and portfolios;
- furthering and/or improving the provisions of the said services by BCT or BCT Related Companies to customers generally (including the facilitation of the provisions of such services to enable the customers of BCT or BCT Related Companies generally to access (provident fund or other) account details through the internet and / or automated teller machine networks such as JETCO and / or any other electronic means);
- marketing and advertising of any of the said services (and ancillary products), including direct marketing, in accordance with the prevailing requirements in the Ordinance;
- compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and / or
- any other purpose for the exercise or performance of the above.
In accordance with the requirements of the Ordinance, we will honour your request not to use your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. For the personal data collected and used for direct marketing purposes before the commencement of the new requirements for direct marketing under Part VIA of the Ordinance, we, unless requested by you not to so use the personal data received (see paragraph below), will continue to use such personal data for direct marketing purposes as before the said commencement.
You can, at any time and without charge, send request to us (see details below) together with your account details if you want to stop receiving direct marketing materials or to start receiving the same (if you have unsubscribed from receiving such materials before).
We and our properly authorised service providers and agents will observe the Ordinance at all times in collecting, maintaining and using of personal data of our customers, and will ensure the following:
- Proper and legitimate means to collect personal data;
- Accurate and timely collection and use of personal data;
- Use of personal data in accordance with the Ordinance and contractual obligations;
- Appropriate measures to protect personal data; and
- Customers' unfettered right to access and request correction of their personal data.
If there is any change in the information so provided, BCT should be notified (via the contact channels set out below) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Failure to provide the information requested may result in BCT being unable to process the instruction.
Generally, any personal data collected from you in any format via this website or otherwise will be kept for as long as it is required according to any applicable legislation or regulation unless expressly requested by you otherwise.
Under the Ordinance, you have the right to (i) check whether we hold any of your personal data; (ii) access your personal data held by us (for which we have a right to charge a reasonable fee for processing); (iii) request us to correct any personal data which is incorrect; and (iv) ascertain our policies established in relation to personal data and the types of personal data held by us. For such purposes as well as for the abovementioned request that your personal data not to be used for direct marketing purposes, please contact us (or via any other channel which may otherwise be communicated to you) by:
18/F Cosco Tower, 183 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong.
To learn more about the security measures we put in place in our website, please click here.
* Version Date: March 2013