The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government has launched the 2022 Employment Support Scheme ("the Scheme") under the Anti-epidemic Fund to provide wage subsidies to employees for three months (i.e. May, June and July 2022) to retain their current employees or even employ more staff when the business revives as soon as the epidemic situation permits. Eligible self-employed persons can also apply for a one-off subsidy.
The application period of the Scheme is from 29 April 2022 at 8:00 am to 12 May 2022 at 11:59 pm.
2022 Employment Support Scheme Website: www.ess.gov.hk
Telephone hotline (including booking for Service Centres): 1836-122
Applicants who have submitted the application may click on the link and log into the system to check the application status.
If applicants would like to seek help from dedicated staff, they may schedule an appointment through the hotline (1836-122) and visit the following service centres. Service hours during the application period (29 April to 12 May 2022): 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Room 1501, AT Tower, 180 Electric Road, North Point
- Suite 1004, Kwun Tong View, 410 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong
- Suite 601-2, 9 Wing Hong Street, Cheung Sha Wan
- Suite 2310, Metropole Square, 2 On Yiu Street, Shek Mun, Shatin
- Units 3301-3303, 33/F The Octagon, 6 Sha Tsui Rd, Tsuen Wan