5 Key Points
- Employers who have set up MPF-exempted ORSO schemes, including (i) ORSO registered schemes; or (ii) ORSO exempted schemes for their employees.
- The amount of subsidy will be calculated based on 50% of the actual remuneration paid in the "specified month", with a cap at $18,000* per month. The maximum subsidy per employee per month is $9,000, for 6 months.
- Employers shall provide the list of ORSO members of the "specified month" with amount of actual remuneration in the format as provided by the processing agent.
- Employers will be required to provide an undertaking not to implement redundancy during the subsidy period and to spend all the subsidies on paying wages to their employees.
- Make a self-declaration to confirm that all information provided in the application is true, complete and accurate.
* Median income in Q2 2019
Application of First Tranche
- Those employees have been members of ORSO schemes on or before 31 March 2020, with HKID.
- Specified month: Employers can choose any one month from December 2019 to March 2020 as the "specified month" for the purpose of calculating the subsidy.
- March 2020 is chosen as the reference month. The number of employed employees in March will be compared with the number of paid employees in June, July and August.
Application Procedure for ORSO Employers
Please prepare the required information prior to application, which includes:
|Gov't Appointed Processing Agent
|Application of the first tranche|
|25 May 2020 - 14 June 2020||Via the ESS portal provided by gov't appointed processing agent|
|From the end of June 2020*||The government will disburse the subsidy
(to subsidise payment of staff wages from June to August)
|Application for the second tranche|
(Details will be released later)
|Expected from August to September||Via the ESS portal provided by gov't appointed processing agent|
|Expected from the end of September 2020*||The government will disburse the subsidy
(to subsidise payment of staff wages from September to November)
|The Government's ESS Enquiry Channels
Website : www.ess.gov.hk
Help Desks (You may call the above hotline to make an appointment, starting from 25 May 2020):