5 Key Points
- Employers who have set up MPF-exempted ORSO schemes, including (i) ORSO registered schemes; or (ii) ORSO exempted schemes for their employees.
- The amount of subsidy will be calculated based on 50% of the actual remuneration paid in the "specified month", with a cap at $18,000* per month. The maximum subsidy per employee per month is $9,000, for 6 months.
- Employers shall provide the list of ORSO members of the "specified month" with amount of actual remuneration in the format as provided by the processing agent.
- Employers will be required to provide an undertaking not to implement redundancy during the subsidy period and to spend all the subsidies on paying wages to their employees.
- Make a self-declaration to confirm that all information provided in the application is true, complete and accurate.
* Median income in Q2 2019
Application of Second Tranche
The second tranche will be open for application from 31 August to 13 September 2020, which basically adopt the same eligibility criteria in the first tranche for employers.
|For Employers Received Wage Subsidies in the 1st Tranche||For First Time Applicants|
Application of First Tranche
- Those employees have been members of ORSO schemes on or before 31 March 2020, with HKID.
- Specified month: Employers can choose any one month from December 2019 to March 2020 as the "specified month" for the purpose of calculating the subsidy.
- March 2020 is chosen as the reference month. The number of employed employees in March will be compared with the number of paid employees in June, July and August.
Application Procedure for ORSO Employers
Please prepare the required information prior to application, which includes:
|Gov't Appointed Processing Agent
|Application of the first tranche|
|25 May 2020 - 14 June 2020||Via the ESS portal provided by gov't appointed processing agent|
|From the end of June 2020*||The government will disburse the subsidy
(to subsidise payment of staff wages from June to August)
|Application for the second tranche|
|31 August 2020 to 13 September 2020||Via the ESS portal provided by gov't appointed processing agent|
|From the end of September 2020*||The government will disburse the subsidy
(to subsidise payment of staff wages from September to November)
|The Government's ESS Enquiry Channels|
Website : www.ess.gov.hk
Help Desks (The help desks may be closed during epidemic period. Please call the above hotline to check.)